Monday, September 11, 2006

Al, Mel, and Dustin update

I recently posted an article form IRIB Radio which transforms, through the magic of prevarication, one of the anti-Semitic statements from Mel Gibson's recent drunken tirade into a statement from an imaginary interview. Gibson is reported to have said "Zionists are the source of all wars throughout the world, and I hope for their destruction”. That was enough for me to post the article, but I did not investigate two other alleged statements, one from Dustin Hoffman and one from Al Pacino.

I just got a comment from one "Dr. Abdullah Mohammad Sindi," who evidently did not realize that the post was holding up the IRIB article for ridicule and who wrote "I admire the courage of Al Pacino, Mel Gibson, and Dustin Hoffman in expressing their political views in such an admirable way." So I started thinking about the Al Pacino and Dustin Hoffman "quotes." Did either or both make a statement, as in Mel Gibson's case, that vaguely resembles something reported in the article? I Googled both of their names along with the word "Zionism" and did not come up with anything except one interesting fact that I did not think about before: A significant role for both Pacino and Hoffman was Shylock. Interesting, no?

No comments: